GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Remaining Relative Visa Rules & Conditions
The applicants of the remaining relative visa for Canada must understand that moving to Canada is a matter of fulfilment of eligibility and requirements. It is a matter of privilege given to only those candidates who can provide correct evidence of their eligibility. Therefore, the applicants must understand and fulfil the rules and conditions of remaining relative visas.
In case of a remaining relative visa, the sponsor has to agree to provide financial support to the applicant. This includes the basic needs of the applicant such as food, clothing, accommodation, healthcare etc. If the applicant for the remaining relative visa is 18 years or above they must also sign an agreement that they will make efforts to support themselves financially.
Canada generally allows individuals related by blood to Canadian permanent residents or citizens to arrive and live in Canada with their families. However in case of the remaining relative visa, one can sponsor an orphaned sister, brother, nephew, niece, or grandchild. One can also sponsor an uncle or aunt under specific circumstances.
The main purpose of this visa is to allow the only relatives to stay together. Therefore, if any one of the parents of the relative is alive, or their parents have abandoned them, then one cannot sponsor such a brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild. If the relative, of any age, related by blood or adoption does not have any other living relative and the sponsor also does not have any relatives in Canada, they can use the facility of remaining relative visa.
To know more about the rules and conditions of the remaining relative visa Canada, consult an immigration expert at V2I. Our highly experienced team shall assist you with the latest updates and recommendations.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)