GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Use our PR points calculator for Canada to check if you are eligible for migrating to Canada!
Ever since changes were made to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), skilled workers who intend to migrate to Canada need to win at least 67 Canadian PR points under the Canada Skilled Workers Points System to be eligible to do so. Point calculation for Canada is done based on many factors, such as educational qualifications, skills, work experience, English Language proficiency, age group, etc.
Visa2Immigration Canada PR Calculator
Canada immigration points are awarded for the following factors:
- Adaptability: If you have relatives in Canada or have studied or worked there in past or have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you can get a maximum of 10 points. You can also claim adaptability points if your spouse or common-law partner is migrating to Canada with you.
- Age: You can get a maximum of 12 points for your age on the day your application is received by the authorities.
- Education: You can win a maximum of 25 points for your educational qualification. In the case of overseas education credentials, you must get our Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done by an authorized agency to prove that your diplomas or degrees are at part with the Canadian education standards.
- Experience: One can win a maximum of 15 points for work experience. If you have worked for at least 30 hours per week and are paid for it, you can get points as a full-time worker. If you hold two or part-time jobs and their cumulative number of hours worked add up to 30 hours, you can claim points for them too.
- Job Offer: If you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer as a federal skilled worker for a minimum of one year before you submit the application, you can net a maximum of 10 points.
- Language Skills: You can win a maximum of 28 points for reading, writing, listening, and speaking English and French.
How you can improve your CRS score?
Visa2Immigration Canada visa consultants can help you improve your CRS score and increase your chances of making it to the Express Entry (EE) list. Some of the ways in which you can do it are:
- Apply for a job in Canada: If you get a job offer from a Canadian employer, you get extra 200 points. If your employer is recognized by the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you may get an extra of up to 600 points.
- Apply for a Provincial Nomination Program (PNP): If you receive an invitation from a Canadian province, you get as many as 600 points that can increase your EE profile score considerably.
- Apply with your spouse or common-law partner for a PR visa: If your partner meets the language proficiency requirements, you get extra 20 points. If he or she meets the educational requirements, you get 10 more points. In the end, if your spouse has Canadian work experience, you get additional 10 points. So, overall, you can get 40 points for your spouse's accomplishments.
- Increase your Language Score: If you score a CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of 9 in IELTS or some other language test, you get 136 points. A French-language test can add up to 24 points in your CRS.
- Keep working full-time: You get more points if you have full-time work experience of three years or more.
- Study in Canada: You can add up to 30 points if you do a diploma or degree course from Canada.
The eligibility criteria for a Canada PR visa require you to score at least 67 PR points in Canada out of a total of 100 to be able to apply for it. The Express Entry pool uses the CRS system where you get scores out of a total of 1200 points. Thus, you will need a different point calculator for Express Entry and a different one to calculate points for Canada immigration.
If you need help with calculating your CSR score or immigration points, consult a Visa2Immigration consultant now.