GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Remaining Relative Visa
If your family member, related to you by blood or adoption, is living in Canada as a permanent resident, as a citizen of Canada or as per the Indian Act, then they can sponsor you to Canada. You will then be granted a Remaining Relative Visa under Family Class and can join your family member in Canada. The sponsored applicant shall get a permanent residence for Canada.
It will then be the duty of the sponsor to ensure that your basic needs of food, clothing and shelter are met in Canada. They will be supporting you financially and ensure if you need social assistance. There are two stages for this visa:
- One applies to sponsor their relatives
- The relatives apply for permanent residence
Remaining Relative Visa Processing Time
If you are applying for the Remaining Resident Visa for the first time to sponsor your spouse living outside Canada, it would take 12 months. If one has applied to sponsor their dependent child living in India, it would take 11 months. This processing time also includes the time required to assess the sponsor’s application.Read More
Remaining Relative Visa Fee & Cost
- Application Fee: For a child, it is from CAD 150, for an adult 22 years or above it is from CAD 1050
- Biometrics Fee: CAD 85 per applicant
- Permanent Residence Fee: CAD 500 per applicant
- Third-Party Fees: Fee for medical clearance or police certificates if required
- Also, the sponsor has to show their proof of income
Remaining Relative Visa Rules & Conditions
One can sponsor any one of their relatives, if they meet the following conditions:
- The sponsor must agree in writing to provide financial support to the applicant and must also set a date (between 3 to 20 years).
- If the applicant is 18 years or above they must also sign an agreement that they will make efforts to support themselves financially.
- One can sponsor an orphaned sister, brother, nephew, niece, or grandchild. One can also sponsor an uncle or aunt under specific circumstances.
- One cannot sponsor their brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if any one of their parents is alive, or their parents have abandoned them.
- One can sponsor one relative, related to blood or adaptation, of any age given that they do not have any living relatives and the sponsor also does not have any relatives in Canada.
Remaining Relative Visa Requirements & Checklist
- Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement
- Financial evaluation of the sponsor
- Dependents declarations
- Fee receipts, if any
- Medical condition statement
- Police certificates
- Proof of permanent residence or citizenship of the sponsor
- Family information of the sponsor and the applicant
Know more about the rules and requirements for remaining relative visas from V2I Canada immigration experts. Get step by step assistance and complete guidance on the application process and ensure a hassle-free visit to Canada. Connect with our experts today!Read More