GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Visa Subclass 462 (Work and Holiday Visa)
Overview of Visa 462
- The Visa Subclass 462 Work and Holiday Visa is a unique visa for individuals in the age group of 18 to 30 years.
- The primary eligibility criterion is that they should have a passport from an eligible country.
- This work and holiday visa Australia does not permit you to take children along with you while you are in Australia.
- The work and holiday Australia 462 visa is available in two types, First Work and Holiday Visa, and Second Work and Holiday Visa.
About Visa 462
- With the introduction of Chile in February 2019, citizens or passport holders from 24 specific nations are eligible for this Visa Subclass 462 Work and Holiday Visa.
- This temporary visa allows you to work in Australia while funding your holiday.
- You can study for up to a maximum of four months on this visa.
- There are no restrictions on travelling in and out of Australia as long as the visa is valid.
- The ‘First Work and Holiday’ Visa allows you to do specified Class 462 work whereby you become eligible for applying to a Second Work and Holiday Visa.
Duration of stay
- The total length of stay in both these visas is 12 months. No extension is available on both the categories of visas. Your 12-month period starts on the day you enter Australia or transit through Australia.
- The only extensions you can get are if you apply for a visitor visa from outside Australia or there are exceptional circumstances such as severe illness or death of a close family member in Australia.
- You should work for a minimum of three months on your First Work and Holiday Visa to be eligible for the Second Work and Holiday Visa.
- This visa allows you to do any work in the specified Class 462 work category. However, you are not eligible to work for the same employer for more than six months. The six-month work restriction resets when you obtain the Second Work and Holiday Visa. Therefore, you can work again for six months for the same employer.
You cannot include any family member in the Working Holiday Visa 462. No dependent children can accompany as long as you are in Australia on the Working Holiday Visa Subclass 462.
First Work and Holiday Visa
- You should be outside Australia when you apply for this category of work and holiday visa. Similarly, you cannot be in Australia when the department decides on your application.
- You should be a citizen and passport holder of 24 specified countries to be eligible to apply for this Visa 462.
- You should be between 18 and 30 years when you apply for this visa.
- You should not have entered Australia on a Subclass 462 or Subclass 417 visa earlier.
- Every eligible country in this list of 24 countries has specific education requirements for its citizens to apply for this working holiday visa 462.
- Applicants should have specific levels of functional English. The qualifications exams that decide your levels of functional English are the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and the CAE. Alternatively, you should have relevant educational qualifications. This visa 462 allows you to appear for the IELTS and other exams while your application is in process.
- If you belong to specific countries like Austria, Czech Republic, Vietnam, and others, you should submit a letter of support from your Government about your citizenship. Applicants from countries like Argentina, Chile, Israel, China, Singapore, and the US need not provide this letter of support.
- Applicants should have sufficient financial strength to support themselves as long as they stay in Australia.
- All applicants should satisfy health and character requirements.
- Applicants should not have any dues pending with the Australian Government.
- There should not be any record of visa cancellation or refusal while in Australia.
- All applicants should sign the Australian values statement as having read and understood it.
Second Work and Holiday Visa
Apart from the eligibility criteria for applying for the First Work and Holiday Visa, applicants should satisfy the following additional requirements.
- The applicant should have held one Subclass 462 work and holiday visa
- You should have entered Australia on that visa.
- You should also have complied with all conditions of the Visa 462.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of three months of specified class 462 Work during their stay on the First Work and Holiday Visa 462.
Specified Class 462 Work
- Specified Class 462 Work is work undertaken in a specified industry in specially designated areas of Australia.
- The following industries and regions are eligible for inclusion in the specified class 462 Work.
- Plant/Animal cultivation in Northern Australia as well as specified areas in Regional Australia
- Fishing, Pearling, Tree farming and felling, Tourism and Hospitality in Northern Australia
- Specific exemptions in each category do not qualify as Specified Class 462 work. Some examples are working as a chef, dive instructor, tour bus driver, or cleaner in a restaurant do not qualify as specified class 462 Work in the tourism and hospitality industry. Similarly, you have exemptions in other categories as well.
- The minimum three months specified class 462 Work comprises of 88 calendar days that includes weekends and rest days. You can work for a longer period as well. However, you cannot complete your specified Subclass 462 work in a period of fewer than three months.
- Refer to the Home Affairs Department website for an exhaustive list of specified Class 462 Work and the respective specified areas in the six states pin code wise.
- You have to be outside Australia when you apply for your First Work and Holiday Visa. You also have to be outside Australia when the department makes its decision.
- In the case of the Second Work and Holiday Visa, you can be either in Australia or outside the country at the time of application. If you apply from within Australia, you should be in Australia at the time of the decision. Otherwise, you should be outside of Australia.
Requirements and Checklist
We have discussed the eligibility norms, rules and conditions, and other factors related to applying for Visa 462. You should also be aware of the 462 Visa requirements. Go through the document checklist for 462 Visa before applying for it online. We provide consultancy services in this regard and help you with the application procedure.Visa Subclass 462 Requirements
Rules and Conditions
Every applicant has to satisfy specific conditions before applying for the Australian Visa 462. The pre-conditions for the First Work and Holiday Visa are different from the Second Work and Holiday Visa. Apart from these pre-conditions, the department can include post-grant conditions.Visa Subclass 462 Rules
The subclass 462 processing times do not extend more than 80 days for 90% of the applications. The department disposes of nearly 75% of the applications within 44 days. However, there can be delays. We shall examine the 462 visa processing time and delays in processing as well.Visa Subclass 462 Processing Time
Fee & Cost
The 462 Visa fee is AUD 450 for a single applicant. However, the visa cost can differ because of additional expenses you incur for health tests, biometrics, and obtaining character certificates.Visa Subclass 462 Fees