GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Canada Temporary Resident Visa
Canada allows visitors to come to the country for a holiday, visit your family members living in Canada, conduct business, study etc. with the help of a temporary resident visa. The length of the stay of the visitors varies and is subject to various conditions.
Generally, a temporary visitor can stay in Canada for up to 6 months. For parents and grandparents visiting their children or grandchildren in Canada can have a visitor visa valid for 10 years while they can stay in the country for up to 2 years without the need for visa renewal.
Types of Temporary Resident Visas (TRV)
- Visitor Visa: This visa is applicable if you are visiting Canada for tourism purposes.
- Super Visa: This visa is for parents, grandparents or permanent residents of Canada who wish to visit their children or grandchildren.
- Business Visa: This visa is intended for people who are willing to travel to Canada for business meetings, workshops, seminars or any conferences.
Canada Temporary Resident Visa Processing Time
The processing time of a temporary resident visa (TRV) application is the time it takes to assess all the documents provided by the applicant and make a decision accordingly. This processing time varies depending on the following:
- Whether you are applying for a visitor visa from inside Canada or outside Canada, whether it is a super visa, or if you are seeking an extension for your visitor visa
- It also depends on your country of residence.
If you are applying for a Visitor Visa from India it would take around 89 days processing time while if you are applying for a Visitor Visa from inside Canada, it would take around 42 days. This time does not include the time required for biometrics and the time it takes to reach the immigration office from a VAC (Visa Application Center).Read More
Canada Temporary Resident Visa Fee & Cost
There are two kinds of financial requirements for TRV. One is the application fee and the biometric fee and the other is proof of funds that the applicant has to provide to the immigration authorities. The application processing fee for TRV would cost you CAD 100 per person. However, there is a separate processing fee structure for families as well.
Proof of funds is necessary to be eligible for a TRV. You need to provide evidence that you and all your family members can support themselves while your visit to Canada. This can be done by:
- Providing bank draft, money order, certified cheque, cash of an amount that is sufficient enough to cover your expenses during your visit.
- Providing verbal or written statements to convince the immigration authorities that you have enough money to sustain your expenses in Canada.
Canada Temporary Resident Visa Rules & Conditions
- Age: If you are the primary applicant, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- Funds: You must be able to show that you have enough money to travel and stay in Canada and can return home.
- Work and Study: You must not intend to work or study in Canada while you are visiting Canada unless you have the authorization.
- Passport: You must have a valid government-issued passport.
- Medical Clearance: You must be in good health.
- Biometrics: Your biometrics (fingerprints and photos) are required.
- Translation of Documents: If the documentation that you provide is not in English, you need to get that translated to English or French and certified.
Canada Temporary Resident Visa Requirements & Checklist
- Application Form: Ensure that you have filled the application forms correctly.
- Application Fee: Provide proof of payment of the visa application fee in an acceptable format and also the biometric fee if it is applicable.
- Passport: Provide a photocopy of your valid passport.
- Photographs: Provide two photographs (not more than 6 months old).
- Funds: Provide proof of financial support such as bank statements, money order, bank draft that would convince the authorities that you can cover your expenses in Canada.
- Purpose: Provide your purpose of travel to Canada to convince the immigration authorities that you shall return home once your visit is complete.
V2I immigration experts can help you complete the process of preparing and submitting your visa application step by step. They have helped hundreds of tourists visit Canada without any glitches. Consult them today, to know more about the Canada Temporary Resident Visa application process.Read More