GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Visa Subclass 309 (Partner Visa)
- Partner Visa Subclass 309 is a provisional visa that leads to Partner Visa Subclass 100.
- With this visa, you can continue to live in Australia as you wait for the processing of Visa Subclass 100 or until you withdraw the application.
- You can study or work full-time while on a 309 Visa
- You can also travel in and out of Australia according to your needs and requirements.
- Subclass 309 visa entitles you to attend free English language classes offered by the Adult Migrant English Program.
About Partner Visa 309
Visa 309 permits the spouse or de-facto partner of a permanent resident of Australia, an Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen to reside in Australia temporarily. The 309 Visa is the first step towards acquiring a permanent resident visa, the Partner Visa Subclass 100.
Usually, you should not be present in Australia when you apply for visa 309. However, you must necessarily be outside Australia when the department decides your Subclass Visa 309 application.
The 309 visa allows you to be in Australia until the Home Affairs Department decides on your permanent visa, the Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100. If you withdraw your application for Visa Subclass 100, the visa 309 automatically stands canceled and withdrawn.
While in Australia on a Subclass Visa 309, you can study and work full-time. However, you will be ineligible for any Government support for your studies. This visa entitles you to attend free English classes for a maximum of 510 hours.
You are free to travel as many times to and from Australia on this visa. Partner Visa Subclass 309 permits you to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s premier public health care program.
We provide you with immigration assistance while applying for Visa 309. You can also avail our help for the application of Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100. Read on to learn how to apply for a partner visa in Australia.
Duration of stay on Visa 309
Visa 309 is a temporary visa. Your stay in Australia depends on various factors.
- As a thumb rule, the period of stay for most of the applicants is between 15 and 24 months.
- You can reside in Australia until you obtain the permanent visa, the Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100.
- If you withdraw your application for Visa Subclass 100, your Visa 309 expires as well.
- Sometimes, you might not have to stay for long on the 309 Visa, especially if you have been in a long-term relationship (more than 3 years and in case of dependent children from this relationship, a period of 2 years or more). The Department might grant you Visa 100 immediately on granting the 309 Visa.
Whom can you include in your Visa 309 application?
You can include your family members when applying for Subclass Visa 309 or before the Department assesses your application. You cannot add their names after the grant of the Partner (Provisional) Visa Subclass 309.
If you wish to add the details of a dependent child after issuance of Visa 309, you should opt for the Dependent Child Visa Subclass 445. Now, you can add its name to your permanent Partner Visa Subclass 100 application.
The following persons constitute family members when you apply for Partner Subclass Visa 309.
- Your spouse or de-facto partner
- Your dependent child who is less than 18
- Dependent child above 18 and less than 23 years if it is a full-time student
- No age restriction on the child’s age if the child has a physical or mental disability and entirely depends on the applicant for its needs.
Family members who join as co-applicants should not be living in Australia and should satisfy health and character stipulations.
- The primary eligibility criterion is that the main applicant should be a spouse or de-facto partner of
- a citizen of Australian
- Australian permanent resident
- An eligible citizen of New Zealand
- Those in same-sex relationships can also apply for Visa Subclass 309
- In the event of the relationship breaking down or the death of the sponsor, you are still eligible for the Visa 309.
- The applicant needs an eligible sponsor when they apply for partner Visa Australia. The department has to approve the sponsorship. You cannot change the sponsor for two years after the grant of Visa 309.
- The minimum age for applying to Visa 309 is 18 years.
- Applicants and co-applicants should fulfill health requirements.
- The applicant and all co-applicants above 16 years should satisfy character requirements.
- No financial debt should be due towards the Government from the applicant, co-applicants, and the family of the applicants who are not applying for this 309 visa as well.
- Cancellation or refusal of any visa, while living in Australia, makes you ineligible to apply for a partner 309 visa.
Procedure to follow
Learn how to apply for a partner visa in Australia.
- Before you apply for partner Visa Australia, you should organize your health examinations.
- An immigration agency can assist you with the application. We help people to apply for partner visa Subclass 309.
- Collect the requisite documents listed out in the checklist portion and get ready to apply for Visa Subclass 309.
- Applying for Visa Subclass 309 is an online process. You must not be present in Australia when you apply for partner visa Subclass 309.
- Pay the visa application fee online.
- After you apply for visa Subclass 309, you have to clear health tests. You should also satisfy character requirements and submit your biometrics.
We help with the accurate preparation of your documents. Any mistakes from your side can delay the processing of the visa. If you submit incorrect or inaccurate information, the department can deny the visa. Any intentional concealment of facts can result in serious repercussions. We ensure that your application is perfect in all respects.
Now that you know how to apply for a partner visa, you should know the processing times, the visa cost, rules and regulations, and the requirements of partner visa Subclass 309.
Read on to understand these aspects of Partner Visa Subclass 309.
All Australian visas require specific processing times. The processing times for each visa depends on its category, the urgency, the number of applicants, Governmental regulations such as capping, and so on. We shall discuss the 309 visa processing time in the following paragraphs.Read More
Fee & Cost
You must pay the visa fee when applying for the visa. The department does not consider the applications without receiving the concerned visa fees. We assist you with the process of paying 309 Visa fee.Read More
Rules and Conditions
All Australian visa applications require applicants to satisfy specific conditions. Some of these conditions are pre-application conditions whereas some are post-issuance conditions.Read More
Requirements and Checklist
Documentation is an essential requirement when you apply for partner Visa Subclass 309. The accuracy of your documentation can help prevent unnecessary delays in the processing of this visa. We assist you with the application process. However, you should be aware of the documents required for Visa 309.Read More