GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Australian Immigration Permanent Residency Points Calculator
Australia is the country known for providing great employment opportunities for skilled professionals. The country has the most organised immigration system that helps these professionals to stay and work there. These people can immigrate to Australia for work and can even be the permanent residents by fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Those who want to settle in Australia as permanent residents have to get visa subclass 189, visa subclass 190 or visa subclass 489. You can also opt for the temporary visa 482 and fulfil certain conditions to be eligible to apply for PR. In order to get any of these visas, you have to undergo the skill assessment test and score the points required for Australian immigration.
Most of our clients ask us: ‘How much points are required for Australian PR?’ The points required for Australian immigration are 65. You can get them by undergoing Australia migration assessment as these points are granted to you depending upon various factors like your age, qualifications, skills required for nominated occupation and experience of the same, English proficiency and more. So, here is a brief guide about how you can score the required Australia PR points by fulfilling various eligibility criteria.
Our visa and immigration consultants can guide you more about the PR points you need with the help of Australian PR point calculator 2018.
You can score a maximum of 30 points for the age factor.
- If your age is between 18 to 24 years, you will get 25 points.
- If the age is between 25 to 32 years, you will get 30 points.
- 25 points will be awarded to you if your age is between 33 to 39 years.
- If your age lies between 40 to 44 years, you will get 15 points.
- No points will be given to you if your age is above 44 years.
As per the Australia point system, the maximum points you can get for the educational qualification are 20.
- If you have a doctorate degree from an Australian educational institute or from any other educational institute of a recognised standard, you will get 20 points.
- 15 points will be given to you if you have a bachelor’s degree from any of the Australian educational institute or the same qualification from any other institute of a recognised standard.
- A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia can award you 10 points.
- If you have an award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessment authority for your nominated occupation, you will get 10 points.
- If you fulfil the Australian study requirement, this means that if you have at least 1 degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institute, you will get 5 points.
- If you have a specialist educational qualification, this means that if you have a Master’s degree by research or a Doctorate degree from any of the educational institutes with at least 2 academics years into the relevant field, you will get 5 points.
It is important to note that, as per Australia PR point systems, you will receive the points depending upon your highest qualification, so you must have completed the qualification successfully at the time of applying for the visa.
English Language proficiency
To prove that you have got the English language skills required for the visa for which you are applying.
- You will get 20 points if you have Superior English. For this, you have to score 8 or more in all the four components of IELTS.
- You will get 10 points if you have Proficient English; this means that you have scored 7 or more in all the four components of IELTS.
- You will not get any point for Competent English and for this, you have to score 6 or more in all the four components of IELTS.
Skilled employment in Australia
You can get a maximum of 20 Australia skilled immigration points for the experience of a skilled employment in Australia.
- You will not any point for the experience of less than 1 year.
- If you have 1 to 2 years’ of experience in a relevant occupation, you will get 5 points.
- If you have 3 to 4 years’ of experience in the skilled occupation, you will get 10 points.
- 15 points will be given to you for 5 to 7 years of experience.
- If you have 8 to 10 years of experience, you will get 20 points.
Skilled employment outside Australia
Australia immigration points calculator can award you maximum 15 points for your experience in a skilled occupation outside Australia.
- No points will be awarded for less than 3 years’ of experience in a skilled occupation outside Australia.
- You will get 5 points if you have 3 to 4 years’ of experience.
- You will get 10 points if you have 5 to 7 years of experience in a skilled occupation outside Australia.
- If you have 8 to 10 years’ of experience, you will get 15 points.
Here, it is important to note that your employment needs to be in your skilled nominated occupation or the one closely connected to it.
Australia points calculator 189 considers all the above-mentioned factors while Australia 190 visa points calculator and Australia 489 visa calculator consider a few other factors.
- If you have got accreditation I community language (which means that you have been accredited at the paraprofessional level or above for translating or interpreting in a language), you will get 5 points.
- If you have studied in a regional area of Australia or in a low-population growth metropolitan area that fulfils Australian study requirements, you will get 5 points. Here, you have to make sure that you fulfil Australian study requirements by studying in the specified areas of Australia. This requirement does not allow you to study through distance education.
- 5 points will be awarded to you for partner skill qualifications if you have included your partner in your visa application. However, you will get these points only if your partner is under the age of 45 years, has Competent English and has undergone a skills assessment by a relevant authority for their skilled nominated occupation.
- You will get 5 points for your professional years in Australia. For this, your professional years must have been completed in Australia in at least 4 years before you get the invitation to apply for the visa and should be of at least be for 12 months each. These years must have been spent in your nominated or closely related occupation. The professional years must have been provided by the Australian Computer society or CPA Australia or Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand or the Institute of Public Accountant or Engineers Australia.
- You will get 5 points if you are nominated by a state or territory government. This factor is applicable only for Australian visa subclass 190.
- You will get 10 points if you are nominated by a state or territory government to reside and work in a regional or low population growth metropolitan area of Australia or if you are sponsored by an eligible relative to reside and work in the selected area of Australia. This is applicable for Australian visa subclass 489 only.
Visa and immigration consultants at Visa2 immigration are always ready to answer your queries regarding Australian government immigration points calculator. They can help you to understand Australia Pr point system and give you the valuable recommendations to score required Australia permanent residency. You can contact them for a free consultation.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)