GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) program is one of the three economic immigration programs that can get you entry into Canada through the Express Entry (EE) system.
Skilled workers with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) paid work experience in their primary occupations may apply for the FSW class visa. The chosen occupation should fall within the Skill Type 0 (managerial jobs) or Skill Levels A (professional jobs) or B (technical jobs) as defined under the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
What’s the difference between the FSWP and the Express Entry?
Many of our clients want to know how FSWP is different from the EE. FSWP is an immigration and Permanent Residence (PR) category while the EE is an online system to apply for different federal immigration programs. You need to qualify for one of the federal programs to be eligible for Express Entry.
The points systems for the FSW class and the EE are different. You need 67 points to qualify for the FSWP while no minimum points are specified for EE invitations. Creating an Express Entry profile as a skilled worker may seem easy. But there are dozens of points where you can increase your score easily. V2I immigration experts offer consultation to those who want to migrate to Canada as a skilled worker and guide them on how to get the maximum points possible.
Federal Skilled Worker Program Processing Time
It usually takes six months for the Canadian immigration authority to process an FSWP application. One must remember that the processing time only covers the lapse of time between the moment the visa application is received by the authority and the moment it decides on it (accepting or rejecting the visa application).Read More
Federal Skilled Worker Program Fee & Cost
The fee list applicable to federal skilled workers is as follows:
- Application fee for the applicant and his/her spouse or partner: Can $825 (Canadian Dollars)
- Right of Permanent Residence fee for the applicant and his/her spouse or partner: Can $500
- Application fee per dependent child: Can $225
The total cost of the FSWP immigration program is much more.Read More
Federal Skilled Worker Program Rules & Conditions
- Once you get an FSWP visa, you can live, study, and work anywhere in Canada.
- You can avail the education, healthcare, and other social benefits (such as pensions and claims) as a permanent resident of the country.
- You can work in any industry or work sector you like. There are no restrictions on the kind of work you can do there.
- Once you complete three years of stay and meet all the other eligibility requirements, you may apply for Canadian citizenship.
Federal Skilled Worker Program Requirements & Checklist
IRCC uses a 100-point grid called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to choose candidates. The six selection factors on which you are scored are:
- Relevant Work Experience in the line of your occupation,
- Valid Job Offer from a Canadian employer,
- Proficiency in English or French (or both), and
- Adaptability (How well you are likely to settle in Canada?)
The current pass marks for the FSWP approval is 67 points. Only the highest-ranking candidates are chosen for Express Entry (EE).Read More