GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Visa Subclass 836 (Carer Visa)
- Carer Visa Subclass 836 is a permanent residency visa that allows you to stay indefinitely in Australia to take care of someone afflicted with a long-term medical condition and does not have reasonable access to medical care options in Australia.
- This Carer 836 visa allows you to become a permanent resident of Australia and work as well as study in the country.
- Visa 836 allows you to travel to and from Australia for five years.
About this Visa
Carer Visa Australia permits you to stay in Australia and care for someone having a life-long medical affliction. The patient should be either your relative or a family member of your relative living with them.
You should be in Australia when you apply for the visa and also when the Department makes its decision. In the meanwhile, you can travel to and from Australia subject to specific conditions.
During your stay in Australia, you can pursue full-time or part-time studies and work as well. This carer visa subclass 836 allows you to enrol in Australia's public health care system, Medicare.
The carers visa subclass 836 is a permanent visa that allows you to apply for Australian citizenship provided you satisfy the eligibility norms. You can also sponsor your relatives to come to Australia.
We help you to apply for this visa 836. It is better to be aware of the 836 Visa eligibility criteria and other aspects. Read on to know the benefits of carer visa 836 and understand the procedure to apply for the same.
Travelling to and from Australia
Similar to many other Australian visas, the Visa 836 allows you to travel to and from Australia within the initial five years after issuance. After the expiry of the travel validity period, you can travel provided subject to the following conditions.
- You will require a Resident Return Visa to re-enter Australia. Hence, you need to apply for this visa separately.
- You can apply for Australian citizenship. Under such circumstances, you do not need a visa to enter Australia. Instead, you should apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and return to Australia.
Length of stay
Visa 836 allows you to stay indefinitely in Australia. You become a permanent resident the day the department grants the visa. You can apply for Australian citizenship if you satisfy the requirements.
You can include your family members in your application. The members of your family include the following.
- Your spouse or de-facto partner
- Your biological children adopted children, or stepchildren subject to eligibility conditions.
- Children should be below 18 years of age and in a single status
- If the child is a full-time student, it can be more than 18 years but less than 23 years.
- The age restriction does not apply to permanently disabled children (physical or psychological) that are financially dependent on the parent.
- The dependent child of the child above is also eligible for inclusion in your application.
- Both you and your family members should satisfy health requirements.
- The primary eligibility criterion is that you should be willing to provide lifelong care and assistance to your ailing relative or family member in Australia.
- You should be aware of the medical condition of your sponsor and understand their needs.
- You should have an eligible sponsor to apply for this visa. The department will approve the sponsorship before you apply.
- The Visa 836 requires you to be in Australia when you apply for it. Hence, you should hold a substantive visa except the Transit Visa Subclass 771
- Applicants and family members included in the application should satisfy health requirements.
- All applicants over 16 years of age should satisfy character requirements.
- No debts should be due to the applicants to the Australian Government. If there are dues, they should be repaid. Alternatively, there should be a formal agreement to repay.
- Applicants above 18 years of age should sign the Australian values statement.
Procedure to apply for this visa 836
We can help you with the application procedure. Bring the requisite documents to us and allow us to assist you with the process. However, you should know the procedure as it enables you to prepare the necessary documents.
- You should have a valid passport to apply for Visa 836.
- Secondly, your family member or relative requiring medical care should be assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services who will issue a medical certificate to the effect. The certificate should mention that the patient has a medical condition that requires specific care. The processing of the visa will not start without this certificate.
- Keep your documents ready for application. The necessary documents include the following.
- Identification documents include your passport along with a national ID card if you have one. In case there is a change in the name, you should provide supporting documents to this effect.
- Bupa Medical Certificate of the patient is compulsory. If the medical assessment is not yet complete, provide a certificate from Bupa Medical Visa Services confirming the fact.
- Character documents include police certificates from all countries including Australia and your home country where you have spent 12 months or more in the last ten years since you turned 16 years of age. Complete Form 80 and 1221 for this purpose.
- You can nominate someone to act on your behalf and correspond with the department. Form No 956 is necessary if you intend to use immigration advice. Form 956A is for appointment or cancellation of an authorized recipient.
- Identity documents of your dependents less than 18 years of age along with proof of relationship and character documents, if applicable
- Similarly, provide documents of dependents above 18 years of age.
- Documents proving the identity and character of your partner along proof of relationship with your partner such as marriage certificate, evidence of being in a de-facto relationship
- Submit four recent photographs of the prescribed size of all persons included in the application.
Collect the documents and avail our assistance to help you with the application.
Requirements and Checklist
Before applying for Carer Visa Subclass 836, you should satisfy all 836 Visa requirements such as the necessity to have a sponsor. Another important condition is that the person requiring your care should be either your relative or a family member. Secondly, the patient should not have access to the necessary care in Australia.
We help you with this application. However, you should be aware of the conditions as it can enable you to collect the necessary documents.Visa Subclass 836 Requirements
Rules and Conditions
Usually, Australian visas come with several conditions. You need to satisfy specific pre-conditions before you apply for your Visa 836. Other than these pre-conditions, the department does not stipulate any post-grant conditions.Visa Subclass 836 Rules
Carer Visa 836 is a special visa. Hence, carer visa processing times are not available. The Department of Home Affairs clears these visas quickly as and when they arrive. However, you should note to submit accurate and genuine documents. It will help to speed up the 836 Visa processing times.Visa Subclass 836 Processing Time
Fee & Cost
The Department of Home Affairs does not begin processing of any visa application until you pay the Australia 836 visa fees. This visa application requires you to pay AUD 1665 as visa fees for the primary applicant. The co-applicants also have to pay the requisite fees. Apart from the standard fees, the visa 836 cost includes the expenses you incur for the health examinations and obtaining character certificates for all the applicants.Visa Subclass 836 Fees
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)