GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Visa Subclass 116 (Carer Visa)
- Subclass 116 Carer Visa is a permanent Australian visa that allows you to be in Australia and take care of your relative or family member suffering from a long-term medical condition and does not have any reasonable access to care options in Australia.
- As Visa 116 allows you to be a permanent resident of Australia, you can study full-time or work in Australia.
- This 116 Visa allows you to travel to and from Australia for five years from the issuance of this Visa.
About this Visa
Carer Visa 116 permits you to stay in Australia to take care of your relative or family member for an indefinite period. The patient must be suffering from a long-term medical condition and not have reasonable access to similar care in Australia.
The prime condition in Visa 116 is that you should not be in Australia when you apply for this visa. Similarly, you should be outside Australia when the Home Affairs Department decides to grant this visa. In this aspect, Carer Visa Subclass 116 differs from Carer Visa Subclass 836.
You can study and work full-time in Australia on this Carer Visa 116. You can also enrol in Australia's public health care program, Medicare.
If eligible, you have the right to apply for Australian citizenship. This visa allows you to travel to and from Australia for the initial five years without any restrictions. You can also sponsor your relatives to visit Australia.
We provide immigration assistance by helping you to apply for Visa 116. Read on to know more about the Carer Visa Subclass 116.
Travel to and from Australia
Travelling to and from Australia is not an issue when you have Carer Visa 116. Like all other Australian visas and especially, the 836 Visa, Carer Visa 116 allows you to travel to and from Australia any time within the initial five years after its issuance.
In case you wish to travel after the completion of the travel facility on this visa, you can do so provided you satisfy the following condition.
- If you are in the permanent residency status, you have to apply for and procure an RRV (Resident Return Visa). It allows you to re-enter Australia as a permanent citizen.
- Alternatively, if you intend to apply for Australian citizenship, you need to apply for an Australian passport. Using this passport, you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want. There is no need to apply separately for the RRV.
Duration of stay in Australia
Visa 116 is a permanent Australian visa. You can stay in Australia for an indefinite period. Remember, the day you enter Australia on this visa 116 is the commencement of your permanent residency in this country for citizenship purposes.
You can include family members in your visa application when you apply for a Subclass 116 Visa. All family members named in your application should satisfy health and character requirements as per stipulated norms. The following members constitute your family.
- Your legally wedded spouse or de-facto partner
- Your child or your partner’s child in a single status and less than 18 years of age
- If dependent on the principal applicant or partner, the upper age limit goes up to 23 years.
- If the child has a physical or psychological disability and is dependent on the main applicant or partner, there is no upper age limit.
- Dependent children of the above child are also eligible for inclusion in Visa 116.
- Adopted and stepchildren are also eligible for inclusion provided they satisfy eligibility norms.
- The principal criterion for applying for Visa 116 is that you should be a carer for your relative or its family member, and understand the patient’s medical condition and know their needs.
- You should have an eligible sponsor. The Department of Home Affairs will decide the eligibility of the sponsor and approve the sponsorship.
- The principal applicant and other family members listed in the application should satisfy health requirements as stipulated by the Department.
- All applicants over the age of 16 years should satisfy character requirements. They should obtain a police certificate of not being involved in any criminal activity if the stay in a particular country is for 12 months or more during the last ten years after attaining 16 years of age.
- No debt should remain payable to the Australian Government from all applicants. You should either repay the debts or enter into a formal agreement to repay the same. This condition extends to those family members of the principal applicant even if they do not apply for the visa.
- Applicants over the age of 18 years should sign the Australian Values Statement.
- If the Department decides that the Visa 116 is not in the best interests of children less than 18 years, they reserve the right to deny this visa 116 to such co-applicants.
Procedure to apply for Visa 116
- Before you apply for this visa 116, seek immigration assistance. We offer to assist you in this regard.
- Organize a Bupa Medical Certificate.
- Get your documents in order. The records include your identity documents, Bupa Medical Certificate, character documents, nomination documents, documents about dependents less than and over 18 years of age, partner’s documents, and photographs of a prescribed size.
- Pay the Visa application fee.
- Remember that you should not be in Australia when you apply for Visa 116. You should also not be in Australia when the Department decides on your application.
- Once you apply for Visa 116, you will get an acknowledgment and a list of things that you should do. In case you have not submitted the Bupa Medical Certificate, you have three months to do so. This certificate is a necessary document. If the department does not have this certificate at the time of making the decision, it can deny you the Visa 116.
- The Department will inform its decision in writing. On granting your visa, your visa will have the grant number, the date of commencement of visa, the date by which you should enter Australia, and the visa conditions.
- In case of refusal of a visa, you will get the reasons for rejection and the avenues open for submitting a review application (if eligible).
We help you with your visa application. Collect your documents and contact us for proceeding further.
Requirements and Checklist
Before applying for Carer Visa Subclass 836, you should satisfy all 836 Visa requirements such as the necessity to have a sponsor. Another important condition is that the person requiring your care should be either your relative or a family member. Secondly, the patient should not have access to the necessary care in Australia.
Fulfilling 116 Visa requirements is compulsory before you apply for Carer Visa Subclass 116. We help you with the collection of documents and applying for this visa. However, you should be aware of the subclass 116 visa requirements as it will help you to consolidate your necessary documents.Visa Subclass 116 Requirements
Rules and Conditions
The Department of Home Affairs in Australia issues visas with several conditions. Some of the conditions require fulfilment before applying for the visa. Also, the department might issue conditions on the visa that the applicant should fulfil before entering Australia on a particular visa.Visa Subclass 116 Rules
Similar to the Subclass Visa 836, there is no fixed Visa Subclass 116 processing time. The Department of Home Affairs treats these carer visas on a first-come-first-served basis subject to specific conditions. The department grants limited carer visas because these visas are subject to capping. Once the number of issued visas reach the cap, the department does not process any further visas during the visa migration year. Further applications go into a queue for the next migration year.Visa Subclass 116 Processing Time
Fee & Cost
Paying the Australia Visa 116 fees is compulsory. The department does not accept any application without the payment of 116 Visa fee. You have to pay the fees using your ImmiAccount. We assist you in creating an ImmiAccount and paying the visa fees using that account..Visa Subclass 116 Fees
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)