GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Australia PR Visa Fees & Cost of Immigration
In order to get any visa for Australia, you need to follow the procedure mentioned in the Australian Migration Law. You need to meet each and every requirement and only then you will be granted the visa. This procedure takes a certain amount of time - based on the type of visa you are applying for. When you have a look at different types of visas for Australia, Skilled Migration Visa is the most popular one. The visas from this category are provided to skilled professionals from all over the world. These visas are provided to them depending upon their age, qualification, proficiency in English, skills required for the particular job and experience. There are three types of visas in this category
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189- It is the visa that does not require any sponsorship or nomination from the Australian citizen or the state territory. It is a permanent visa granted to skilled professionals.
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190- This is a state-nominated permanent visa. In order to get this visa, you need to be nominated and invited by the authorities.
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 491- It is a temporary skilled visa allows skilled workers to apply for permanent residency after three years. In order to apply for this visa, you must be either sponsored by a relative or be nominated by the state or territory government.
Australia visa application fees for the main applicant, every dependent above the age of 18 and below the age of 18 is different.
The Australian visa application fee for the main applicant for all the visas in this category is AUD 3,755. If your application includes any dependent above the age of 18 years, you will have to pay AUD 1,875 extra and if the additional applicant is below the age of 18 years, you will have to pay additional fees of AUD 940.
Apart from this Australian visa application fee, you will have to pay the cost for various accreditations to be acquired from the different authorities.
- Studies and work experience- There are different authorities for the accreditation depending upon your nominated occupation. The fee to be paid to these authorities for acquiring the accreditation for your occupation is between AUD 500 to AUD 5,280. Most of the relevant authorities charge around AUD 750 to AUD 800 for the skills assessment test.
- English Language proficiency- As a part of the visa application process, you need to take an English Proficiency test and get the required score. The Australian mainly considers the scores of the test conducted by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This test costs Around AUD 300 for every person. You must consider this as well while calculating the Australia PR cost from India (or your home country).
- Lodging the expression of Interest under SkillSelect to get invited- You don’t have to pay any cost for lodging an application with SkillSelect.
- State Nomination application- For the visas that require a nomination from the authorities, state territory or the employer, you may have to pay the fee up to AUD 930.
- Health assessment and character assessment- In order to get the visa for Australia, you need to undergo the health assessment as well as the character assessment. The cost to get the medical certificate from the doctor is around AUD 275 for each person. The cost to be paid for character assessment depends upon the local authorities.
All these costs are not included in the Australia visa fees. You will have to pay them separately and directly to every concerned authority. Visa and immigration consultants at Visa2Immigration can also help you in knowing all about the Australian permanent residency application fee in detail.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)