GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Carer Visa Subclass 116 Fees & Cost
The basic 116 Visa fee is AUD 1,665 for the principal applicant. Every additional member in your application incurs a charge. Use the Visa pricing Estimator available on the official website of the Home Affairs Department to know how much you have to pay while applying for Carer Visa 116. Learn how to use Visa Pricing Estimator.
- Enter the date of application of visa.
- Indicate the number of dependents less than 18 years that you wish to add as co-applicants.
- Similarly, indicate the number of co-applicant family members who are more than 18 years.
- Indicate your preferred currency to pay the fees.
You get your 116 Visa fee invoice that will include the basic fee of AUD 1,665 for the principal applicant and the respective amounts for the additional members. Remember, this visa pricing estimator does not cover health examination and character certification costs.
How do you pay the fees?
The primary applicant pays the fees in two instalments. The first instalment is the amount indicated by the Visa Pricing Estimator depending on the number and age of your co-applicants. You have to pay this fee at the time of applying for the visa.
Mode of payment
The Department does not accept any method of payment other than the online mode through ImmiAccount. In the absence of an ImmiAccount, you can always create one. We can also help you in this regard.
Payment through ImmiAccount is possible in the following four methods.
- Credit card – The system accepts all Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, and pre-paid credit cards. It also accepts Visa and MasterCard debit cards. However, banks levy a charge on such payments. Inform the bank in advance to avoid any payment rejections.
- PayPal – Accepted
- UnionPay – Accepted
- BPAY – Accepted
This carer visa 116 entails payment of a second instalment when demanded by the department. Depending on the financial position of the sponsor, it can waive the amount of the second instalment of Visa 116 fee for the primary applicant if the payment of the same can cause severe financial hardships to the applicant or sponsor. However, the department does not waive the second instalment charge of your co-applicants.
Besides the Visa fee, you have to pay the costs for health examinations and obtaining character certificates from the respective police authorities. The visa pricing estimator does not inform the second instalment amount. Hence, the 116 Visa cost is more than the 116 Visa fee.