GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Want to know the exact Requirements for getting Visa Subclass 189?
Before you submit your 189 visa application, make sure that you meet all the 189 visa requirements. Our experts also advise you to go through the document checklist for 189 visa mentioned below and check whether all your papers are in order or not.
Visa 189 Requirements
V2I 189 visa application form experts have listed here all the Australia 189 visa requirements you need to meet to be able to get the visa you desire. These include:
General Subclass 189 Visa Requirements
You need an invitation to apply for the visa. To get this invitation, you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect in which you’ll need to full in all about your skills, qualifications, and details related to your nominated occupation. Depending on these details, you are awarded points and the point score of all the visa applicants are ranked against each other. If you have a high enough rank, the Australian authorities will invite you to apply for the visa. You are expected to have 65 or more points to receive the invitation letter.
Once you receive the invitation, you need to submit the 189 visa application form within 60 days.
Only those who are under 45 years of age at the time of application can apply for Visa 189.
You can only be issued a 189 visa if your nominated occupation is on one of the lists of eligible skilled occupations and your skill assessment by the relevant assessing authority proves that you have the right qualifications and required skills for the job.
You also have to make sure that you've repaid any outstanding debts to the Australian government before you apply for the visa as it can significantly impact your visa approval. If you were refused a visa or your visa was cancelled while you were in Australia for some reason, the possibility of getting a new 189 visa is quite slim.
Moreover, you and your family members are also expected to present character certificates issued by police showing that any of you do not have a criminal record or immigration detention sentence applicable.
English Requirement for 189 Visa
Visa 189 English requirement states that the applicants must have at least Competent English level. The English language test score that you submit should not be more than three years old at the time of application. You are believed to have Competent English only if you achieve a score of:
- 6 or above in all the four components (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test to meet the IELTS requirement for 189 visa, or
- B or above in all the four components of the Occupational English Test (OET), or
- 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 18 for speaking, and 21 for writing in the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT), or
- 50 or above in all the four components of the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, or
- 169 or above in all the four components of the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test.
Any additional family member you include in your visa application also needs to fulfil 189 visa English requirements for Australia. They must have at least the Functional English level if they are above 18 years old. Your family members (such as your partner, adult children, or dependent parents) need to take the test within 12 months of visa application and achieve a score of:
- 4.5 or above in all the four components (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test to meet the 189 visa IELTS requirement, or
- A total of 32 band score or above in all the four components of the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT), or
- A total of 30 band score or above in all the four components of the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, or
- A total of 147 band score or above in all the four components of the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test.
These family members should also have completed their secondary education in English medium and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in English too. If the family member has studied for a year in Australia at the undergraduate level, then also they are considered to have fulfilled 189 visa English requirements.
189 Visa Health Requirements
You and your family members applying for the visa need to get health checks done once you receive the invitation. Sometimes, family members not applying for the visa may also be requested to meet the basic health standards. The general idea is that you are free from any diseases or conditions that might pose a threat to the public health of the Australian community.
189 Visa Partner Requirements
Here’s a quick 189 visa requirements checklist for your partner migrating to Australia with you. You get extra points if your partner:
- is coming to Australia with you,
- is not already a citizen or permanent resident of Australia,
- is under 45 years of age,
- has Competent English, and
- have the required skills and qualifications for a nominated occupation which is in the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
Documents Required for 189 Visa Application
V2I Visa and Immigration experts can help you apply for the Skilled Independent Visa or 189 Visa easily and get it processed in a stress-free manner. Here is a subclass 189 document checklist that you need to attach with your application:
- 189 visa application form
- Identity Proof (or ID)
- Skill Assessment Report
- English Language Test results
- Documents of skilled employment
- 2 passport-sized coloured photographs
- Documents to prove your educational qualification
- Documents to prove the Australian study requirement and that you studied in a regional area of Australia (if applicable)
- Documents to prove the qualification, skills, and English language proficiency of your partner
- Documents to prove your relationship status
- Character certificate issued by police
- Health assessments
- Reference Letters from your employers
- Any other documents requested by the Australian authorities.
Make sure that all the documents required for 189 visa are in English or their translations are attached with them. The documents that you submit should be certified copies of the original documents.
If you have any doubt regarding the Australian visa 189 checklist, contact our experts now for a FREE consultation.