GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462 Rules & Conditions
The pre-conditions for the First Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462 are as follows.
- Each applicant should have a passport from a specific eligible country.
- The age limit for applying for Visa 462 is between 18 and 30 years.
- It is compulsory for the applicant to be outside Australia when applying for Visa 462, First Work and Holiday Visa.
- No family member including your dependent children can accompany you on this visa.
- The applicant should not have entered Australia previously using the Subclass 462 or 417 Visa.
On the grant of your Visa 462, the department can stipulate additional conditions such as,
- Condition 8303 – You should not indulge in disruptive or violent activities that could threaten or endanger any individual during your stay in Australia.
- Condition 8501 – As long as you reside in Australia, the visa holder should maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- Condition 8503 – This Visa 462 is for 12 months. Under no circumstances will the Australian Government grant you a substantive visa other than a protection visa.
- Condition 8516 – The visa holder should continue to satisfy all the visa 462 eligibility norms as long as they are in Australia on this Visa 462.
- Condition 8540 – You cannot overstay your visa 462. This visa does not grant you any further stay after its expiry.
- Condition 8547 – You cannot work with any one employer for more than six months without the written permission from the Secretary.
- Condition 8548 – You should not undertake any studies/training programs in Australia for a period exceeding four months.
The pre-conditions for the Second Work and Holiday Visa are as under.
- You should have entered Australia previously on the Visa 462, First Work and Holiday Visa.
- You are a citizen and a passport holder from an eligible country.
- The applicant should be between 18 and 30 years.
- It is compulsory for you to complete a minimum of three months of specified subclass 462 Work on your First Work and Holiday Visa.
- No family member can join you as applicants in this visa 462.
Apart from these pre-conditions, the department might add more conditions while granting the visa. You should satisfy these conditions as well. The post-grant conditions for the Second Work and Holiday visa are the same as that of the First Work and Holiday Visa. They are conditions 8303, 8501, 8503, 8516, 8540, 8547, and 8548.
Other than these pre-application and post-grant conditions, every applicant should satisfy the following criteria for applying for the Visa 462.
- Meet the specific education requirements depending on the country you belong to. Some countries require applicants to have a tertiary qualification whereas countries like Israel and the US allow applicants holding Senior Secondary Certificates to apply for Visa 462.
- Every applicant should have the necessary English language proficiency such as passing the Australian Adult Migrant English program or the English Bagrut exam. Qualifications like the IELTS. TOEFL, PTE, or the CAE scores can also help you attain the necessary English language competency. Alternatively, the applicants should have relevant education in English.
- Satisfy financial, health, and character requirements as stipulated by the department.