GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Want to know the Rules & Conditions for getting Visa Subclass 491?
When you are granted a 491 visa, you need to follow some rules and conditions.
491 visa rules applicable to you are:
- If you are outside Australia when you are granted the visa, you must have a valid visa and a valid passport when you travel to the country.
- When you arrive in Australia, you will receive an Incoming Passenger Card onboard which you need to complete.
- If the visa holder spends four consecutive years in Australia, they will be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.
- You can leave the airport faster if you use ePassport and an automated process called SmartGate. This uses facial recognition technology to authenticate your entry.
- You can stay in Australia until your visa is valid, which will be 5 years from the date your visa is granted.
- You can live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia in line with the conditions mentioned in your visa.
- You and your family members must comply with Australian laws and other visa 491 conditions as mentioned in your visa grant letter or VEVO.
- If you change your phone number, email, address or passport details or if your relationship changes or if there is a birth of a child in your family, you should immediately inform the authorities.
- Visa 491 is a temporary visa. It cannot be extended. If you want to stay longer, you will need to apply for a new visa.
- Your family members who were not your co-applicants can join you in Australia as subsequent entrants on your visa.
- When you leave Australia and do not intend to return, is 18 years or older, and earn AUD 450 or more per month before tax, you are eligible to receive your superannuation fund.
491 visa conditions you need to follow are:
- You must not get engaged or married or enter into a de facto relationship before you enter Australia. If you are in a relationship and do not inform the authorities, your visa may get cancelled.
- Notify the authorities if your contact details or any of the details in your passport change.
- Live, study and work in the designated regional area (and be ready to provide its evidence within 28 days, if requested)
- Attend an interview if you receive the request in a letter. This interview might be conducted online, on phone, or at a specific address. The mode of the interview and its time will be mentioned in the letter.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)