GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Carer Visa Subclass 836 Fees & Cost
The minimum fees for carer visa Subclass 836 are AUD 1,665 for the primary applicant. Note that every additional member you include in your application has to pay an additional charge. The Home Affairs Department website has the Visa pricing Estimator table. Use this table to find out your 836 Visa Cost.
- The visa fees for the principal applicant is AUD 1,665
- Every additional member less than or more than 18 years has to pay a specific additional amount.
- The visa pricing estimator will calculate visa fees in AUD. For using different currencies, you should mention the same when you use the estimator.
- The Subclass 836 visa cost will be more than the visa fee. It is because the fee amount does not include the expenses you incur for your health examinations and procuring character certificates from the respective police authorities.
Method of Assessment
You have to pay the 836 visa fee in two instalments. The first instalment is due when you apply for the visa. You have to pay the second instalment when the department asks you to do so.
Besides, you have to pay for health checks, character certificates, and also for biometrics. The visa pricing estimator does not account for these additional costs. Similarly, the estimator also does not indicate the amount payable in your second instalment.
The department might consider reducing the second instalment and waive it entirely as well if you could prove that paying the second instalment can cause a financial strain on the applicant or the person you care for. However, the department does not reduce the second instalment of the dependent persons applying for this visa along with you.
Mode of Payment
The method of payment of Australian visa 836 fees is online through the ImmiAccount alone. The department does not accept checks, bank drafts, or cash.
You can open your ImmiAccount and register for payment.
You can pay the visa 836 fees in four ways online.
- Credit cards – Inform the bank in advance about the payment of Visa fees as the bank can decline the payment at times. The department accepts payment through all credit cards including prepaid credit cards.
- PayPal – Checkout with PayPal in advance as it can link to payment avenues not present in Australia.
All these four methods incur surcharges that are over and above the Visa 836 fees amount.
In case of the payment of a second instalment or provision of security or bond, the department will notify the same and advise the payment modes as well.