GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Carer Visa Subclass 836 Rules & Conditions
We help you with applying for Visa 836. This visa requires intense documentation and expert immigrant assistance. Our experts can help deal with any matter and ensure that your application process remains smooth.
The general Visa 836 conditions are as follows.
- The applicant has to be in Australia at the time of applying for Visa 836.
- Similarly, the presence of the applicant is necessary when the department grants the visa. However, you should not attempt to move to Australia before the grant of the Visa 836.
- You should be the carer for your family member or relative of a patient who does not have any reasonable access to care in Australia.
- Your relative or spouse or de-facto partner should sponsor you for the first two years of your stay in Australia.
- Your relative should be assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services who should confirm that the patient requires continuous medical care and attention. Without this certificate, the department does not process the visa application.
- You and the co-applicants have to clear health tests as and when called for by the department. You have to pay for these tests separately.
- Similarly, all applicants over 16 years of age should submit character certificates from the police authorities.
- All Visa 836 applicants should confirm that they will respect the Australian way of life and obey all Australian laws.
When you are in Australia on a Subclass 836 visa, you can,
- Remain in Australia as a permanent citizen of Australia and take care of the relative
- Pursue higher studies full-time or work full-time in Australia without affecting your carer responsibilities in any way.
- Travel to and from Australia for the first five years without any issue.
After five years, you need to obtain a Resident Return Visa is you wish to retain your permanent residency status under Visa 836. If you want to apply for Australian citizenship, you should apply for an Australian passport and use it to travel overseas. Under such circumstances, you do not have to apply for the Resident Return Visa.
Other than the standard conditions for establishing eligibility norms, there are no separate Subclass 836 visa conditions.