GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Canada Temporary Resident Visa Processing Time
The processing time of a temporary resident visa (TRV) application is the time it takes to assess all the documents provided by the applicant and make a decision accordingly. The processing time of TRV applications starts from when the application is received by the immigration authorities of Canada.
The CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) updates the estimated processing times every week on its website so that applicants can have a clear estimate. This processing time is calculated based on how long it took to process complete applications in the past. Canada Temporary Visa Processing Time varies depending on the following:
- Type of your temporary residence application: Whether you are applying for a visitor visa from inside Canada or outside Canada, whether it is a super visa, or if you are seeking an extension for your visitor visa
- Country: It also depends on your country of residence.
For instance, if you are applying for a Visitor Visa from India it would take around 89 days processing time while if you are applying for a Visitor Visa from inside Canada, it would take around 42 days. This time does not include the time required for biometrics and the time it takes to reach the immigration office from a VAC (Visa Application Center).
V2I immigration experts can help you understand the complete process of obtaining a temporary resident visa on time. They have years of expertise and experience. Consult them today for appropriate advice.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)