GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Canadian Student Visa Rules & Conditions
To be able to study in Canada, students require a study permit. This study permit gives you permission to enrol and timely progress in your studies. Students also require a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) along with the study permit. When you receive the study permit for Canada, you will be allowed to study in DLI (Designated Learning Institutions) only.
- Acceptance Letter: You need to get enrolled in a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) that is, you require a letter of admission from a college/university. CIC provides a complete list of DLIs.
- Proof of Funds: You need to prove that you have enough money for tuition fees and living expenses in Canada and for returning to your country. You need a blocked account (GIC-Guaranteed Investment Certificate) with a CAD 10200 deposit. As per CIC guidelines, this is the amount you need to meet the living expenses of Canada.
- You also need to provide evidence that you have paid your tuition fee for at least one year. This evidence is provided by the fee receipts that you will get from the DLI once you pay the fee.
- If your family members are also coming to Canada with you, you need to provide proof of funds for them as well.
- You must ensure that you are a law-abiding citizen and you will not risk the security of Canada.
- You need to ensure that you are in good health by providing a medical clearance certificate.
- You also need to prove to the immigration officer that you will leave Canada once you complete your studies and after the expiration of your study permit.
The Candian immigration system has also laid some responsibilities that every international student must follow:
- You need to make progress towards completing your studies in Canada
- You have to follow and respect any conditions listed on your study permit
- You must stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements
- You have to leave Canada when your permit expires
The study permit also has certain conditions like:
- The date up to which you are allowed to study in Canada
- Whether you can or cannot work in Canada
- Whether you can or cannot travel in Canada
You do not require a study permit in Canada if your course is six months or less. But, if you are pursuing a prerequisite course no matter it is six months or less, you must have a study permit.
To know more about the rules and conditions of Canadian Student Visa and Study Permits, connect with V2I immigration experts. They will answer all your questions in an elaborate manner.