GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Federal Skilled Trades Program Processing Time
Immigration to Canada is an expensive affair. But the immigration and PR fee is competitive when you consider what you have to pay to migrate to other countries, like the US, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Those who apply under the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) through the Express Entry (EE) pathway have to pay the following:
- Application fee for the main applicant is 825 Canadian Dollars
- Application fee for the spouse/common-law partner is 825 Canadian Dollars
- Application fee for each dependent child is 225 Canadian Dollars
- Right of Permanent Residence fee for the main applicant is 500 Canadian Dollars
- Right of Permanent Residence fee for the spouse/common-law partner is 500 Canadian Dollars
- Dependent children are exempted from the PR fee.
- The biometrics fee for the main applicant is 85 Canadian Dollars.
- The biometrics fee for two or more people in one FSTP visa application is 170 Canadian Dollars.
In the case of EE, dependent children are defined as those who are under 22. Children who are 22 or older but have debilitating physical or mental conditions that do not allow them to be financially independent can also be considered ‘dependent’.
The total cost of the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) class immigration is much higher though. You will also need money for:
- Taking standardized language tests (mandatory),
- Getting an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done (if you have studied overseas or outside Canada),
- Medical examinations (as prescribed by the Canadian authorities),
- Police/Security Check Clearance Certificate.
All these things may cost a few hundred Canadian dollars. The exact cost may vary from country-to-country.
You also need to have one of the three:
- A work permit to work in Canada legally, or
- Valid job offer from a Canadian employer, or
- Proof of funds (easily accessible to you while you are in Canada to cover the costs of settling down in the country.)
|No. of Applicants||Funds You Need|
|For additional family members||C$3,492 (for each member)|
The proof of funds in your bank account varies according to the number of family members you include in your EE profile:
Disclaimer: The fee and costs are subject to change as per notifications by the Canadian government.
You will also need to consider the living costs of the city where you would like to live. Some cities with more job opportunities (such as Vancouver, Toronto, etc.) may have higher living costs. V2I Canada immigration experts may help you with calculating the cost of your migration to Canada. WhatsApp them at _________________.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)