GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Parental and Grandparental Visa Processing Time
The processing time for parental and grandparental visa applications varies from country to country. It also depends on the previous applications submitted for approval to the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). One must apply for their visa based on when they want to arrive in Canada.
The average processing time for parental and grandparental family sponsorship visas, when your parents/grandparents are in India, is 20 to 24 months. However, for parents and grandparents from India, the processing of a Super Visa is just 50 days.
Sometimes, a delay in the processing of the application is caused due to:
- Incorrect or incomplete application
- An interview is required with CIC officials in India
- More information is required
- A medical exam is required
- Police verification is required
To ensure that you arrive in Canada when you intend to, you must apply for the visa as early as possible. V2I immigration experts can help you understand the complete process for parental and grandparental visitor visas as well as sponsorship visas. Consult with our team today and find relevant answers to your visa related questions.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
- Skilled Worker Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 491)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
- Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa (Subclass 400)
- Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
- Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 309)
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)