GET ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR VISA
Quebec Immigration Rules & Conditions
Right now, immigration to Quebec is suspended until March 31, 2021, under the investor program. Only 60 seats are open for entrepreneurs till September 30, 2020. Quebec will only accept 50 self-employed workers till September 30, 2020. Regular Skilled Worker Program is open though. Interested candidates can submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Quebec government and those who are invited by the Ministère (Ministry) can apply for the permanent selection.
The selection for the Regular Skilled Worker Program is based on several factors, such as:
- Being related to a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident,
- Education and training level,
- English and French proficiency,
- Funds to sustain yourself and your family during your first three months in Québec,
- No. of dependents you have,
- Previous stay in Québec (Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ) or Québec Experience Program is a quick and easy way to win a PR approval in Quebec. If you have worked or studied in the province, you can avail of it to gain more points.)
- Spouse’s abilities (if applicable),
- Valid job offer validated by the Ministère, and
- Work experience.
A CSQ does not guarantee your admission to Canada.
It is possible to get a CSQ and still get rejected by the IRCC. If you or your family member has a health condition or poses a risk to the public safety of Canadians, you might not be allowed to enter Canada and your PR application may get rejected. The Canadian authorities also check whether you or your co-applicants may prove to be a burden on Canada’s health and social services in the future.
Once you are granted PR in Québec, you enjoy almost all the rights Canadian citizens have, except the right to vote and get a Canadian passport. You may apply for Canadian citizenship once you live in the country for three years as a PR.
If your contact information and/or marital status changes, or there is a birth or death in the family, or you adopt a child, it may cause a delay in the processing of your application. Other situations that can cause delay or rejection of your application include:
- verification or background checks,
- criminal records or issue in security certificates,
- inconsistency in the family situation,
- pending adoption or divorce proceedings,
- child custody issues,
- medical conditions that can be a danger to public safety and health of Canadians or pose a burden on the country’s health and social services, and
- lying on your application.
If the government authorities find you inadmissible to Canada, they can bar you from applying to enter the country for the next 5 years.
If your PR application is removed, you will receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) or a permanent resident visa. A COPR has an expiry date which cannot be extended. You need to use it before it expires or your PR will automatically get cancelled.
Many little things count towards approval or rejection of your Quebec immigration application. WhatsApp V2I experts now to seek their help and improve your chances of moving to Quebec in Canada.